There are some general features of courses that are the same, even if the course management system makes a slight visual distinction.
- There is a landing page or home that functions as an information center.
- There are menus and tool bars that will allow you to access the course materials and activities as well as review your grades and contact instructors or seek help.
- The course site is an interactive layout of the syllabus. It is also the classroom and the lounge. Just as every brick-and-mortar classroom is different, each online classroom is different. Just as every brick-and-mortar classroom has some similarities, each online classroom has some similarities.
In most courses, the Modules will be where you will find your course materials.
- Getting Started in Canvas
- Canvas Profile and User Settings
- Canvas Student Quick Start Guide and Canvas Video Guides at Instructure provide HOW TO information organized by tool