Here we provide information about job listings of potential interest to graduates. Please contact Ashley Spink at email@example.com if you know of any information we should add to the list below.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center – We are seeking a highly motivated candidate, interested in statistical and computational cancer genomics, for a position as a postdoctoral fellow. This position will focus on the integration of large-scale sequencing data from public (such as TCGA) and local resources to understand the relationship between germline and somatic variants and phenotypic outcomes. Applicants should hold a PhD degree in biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics, or a related field, ideally with experience in NGS sequencing data analysis including whole-exomes and whole-genomes and familiarity with standard NGS variant detection and annotation tools. The successful candidate should have solid methodological training in statistics, be comfortable working with large data sets, proficient in at least one of the statistical programming languages R/Matlab/Python and have experience working on Unix/Linux systems and basic shell scripting. The successful applicant will be supervised jointly by Drs Colin Begg and Ronglai Shen. To apply, send a cover letter, cv, and the names of 3 references to Katherine Cheung at firstname.lastname@example.org: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 485 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10017. 11.16.17
- Biostatistician II – The Department of Biostatistics at Vanderbilt University Medical Center In Nashville, TN, is currently recruiting for multiple Biostatistician II positions. Since our 2003 founding, the department has grown rapidly. We now have 34 faculty and 21 staff biostatisticians; 31 administrative, IT and research staff; and 36 graduate students. Our growth is due to the substantial and sustained support we have received from the School of Medicine and our collaborators and due to the hard work and innovation of our faculty and staff. Responsibilities will vary based on collaborations. As a member of a research team and with modest supervision, a Biostatistician II will apply complex data management and a variety of intermediate and advanced statistical techniques and technical skills to promote the collection, analysis and interpretation of data arising from research studies in an academic research program. Key functions may include but are not limited to the following: collaborate as a member of a research team on the design of a research project, collaborate as a member of a research team on the implementation and analysis of a research project, and assist in the publication of research projects. Minimum requirements: This position requires a MS degree in statistics or biostatistics or a related area. The ideal candidate would have 1-2 years of working history of sustained excellent performance post the degree. Experience with S-Plus or R are preferred. Additional information: This is a full-time exempt staff position. Salary is dependent upon education and experience. For a complete description and to apply, visit http://hr.mc.vanderbilt.edu/careers/. 10.31.17
- Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor of Biostatistics – The Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics in the Arnold School of Public Health (ASPH) at the University of South Carolina (USC) invites applications for a nine-month tenure-track position in Biostatistics at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Candidates with research expertise in multivariate analysis, high-dimensional data analysis, robust and nonparametric statistics, multilevel modeling, Bayesian modeling and survival analysis with applications in epidemiology, public health, biology, genetics, and precision medicine are particularly encouraged to apply. However, candidates from all areas of statistics will be considered. The successful applicant will have an earned doctoral degree in biostatistics, statistics or related areas with demonstrated evidence of high-quality scholarly research in developing statistical methods. For the rank of Assistant Professor, candidates should demonstrate the potential to successfully compete for external research funding, and ability to teach graduate-level courses. For the rank of Associate Professor, applicants must have a successful track record of competitive external funding in support of research, and appropriate teaching experience. the successful applicant will be expected to maintain an active methodological research program, engage in multidisciplinary collaborative research, teach biostatistics courses to students in biostatistics, epidemiology and other fields, mentor graduate students, and contribute to the department and school through professional service. How to apply: Applications require: 1) letter of application; 2) curriculum vitae; 3) research statement; 4) teaching statement; and 5) contact information for three references. 10.26.17 Submit your application at the following link: http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/19825
- Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor of Biostatistics – The Arnold School of Public Health (ASPH) at the University of South Carolina (USC) invites applications for an open tenure-track faculty position in biostatistics at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The successful candidate will join health scientists on the campus of the Greenville Health System (GHS), a large, rapid-learning health system, with the goal of developing a research program in clinical epidemiology, health outcomes and health services research. Particularly encouraged to apply are candidates with expertise in medical informatics. Qualifications: Earned doctoral degree in biostatistics or closely related discipline, a promising record of original research publications on topics related to health outcomes or healthcare services research, a commitment to quality teaching, and demonstrated ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team are required. Successful candidates will have research experience relevant to the clinical setting. Evidence or promise of obtaining competitive external funding is essential. For the rank of Associate Professor, applicants must have successful track record of extramural peer-reviewed funding and appropriate graduate-level teaching experience. Responsibilities: Develop and maintain an actively funded research program that includes collaboration with colleagues at GHS and ASPH on research activities related to clinical epidemiology, population health, and health care services research. The successful candidate will also be expected to teach departmental courses, mentor trainees, and contribute to the institutions and community health through professional service. How to apply: Applications require 1) letter of application; 2) curriculum vitae; 3) research statement; 4) teaching statement; and 5) contact information for three references. Submit your application at the following link: http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/19387. If you have questions please contact James Hardin, PhD, Search committee Chair at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. the anticipated start date is August 2018. 10.26.17
- Postdoctoral Fellowships – The Center for Studies in Physics and Biology expects to have a small number of postdoctoral fellowships available for appointments in September 2018. We areseeking theoretical physicists, mathematicians and computer scientists with a demonstrable interest in the interface between their discipline and biology. The Fellows are to be at that stage of career as to function as independent members of the Center, free to work alone or in collaboration with any members of The Rockefeller University faculty. The appointment is nominally for two years, with a third year implicit, but based on mutual satisfaction. Applicants should submit curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, a research statement and three letters of recommendation by December 31, 2017. The contents of all letters should be addressed to: Director, Center for Studies in Physics and Biology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 75, New York, NY 10065-6399. Applications should be e-mailed in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. 10.25.17
- Assistant Professor of Biostatistics – The University of California, San Diego School of Medicine is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body Department of Family Medicine and Public Health (FMPH). We invite applications for one or more faculty positions in FMPH’s Division of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics. With a dual focus on research in statistical methodology and in collaborative biomedical science. The Department has need of outstanding statistical expertise in clinical trials and adaptive trial designs and in computational statistics, among other areas. Opportunities are available for participation in a large Alzheimer’s Disease research consortium, at the Moores UCSD Cancer Center, at the UCSD Clinical and Translational Research Institute, and with other outstanding research groups at UCSD. These positions entail a substantial commitment to methodological statistical research, including teaching and mentoring at the PhD and Master’s level. The successful candidate(s) will have evidence of accomplishment in collaborative biomedical research and in research in
statistical methodology, as demonstrated by impactful publication and independent funding, or by demonstrated potential in these areas. All research areas of biostatistics and applied statistics are welcome; excellent oral and written communication skills are required. An outstanding program of relevant methods research and mentoring, or outstanding promise in these areas, is preferred. Candidates must have a doctoral degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, or a closely related field and will be expected to teach in the PhD program in Biostatistics and in other Departmental initiatives. At least 2 years of relevant post-doctoral experience is preferred. The Department is interested in candidates who have demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching,researchand service which contribute to an equitable, inclusive and diverse scholarly environment. Candidates should have an established research program and a strong record of publication in the peer-reviewed literature. Candidates should have demonstrated potential for obtaining NIH (or comparable) funding and high productivity of impactful publication in both the statistical and biomedical peer-reviewed literature. Rank of the appointment will be based on skills and qualifications of the candidate and the series will include the In-Residence and Adjunct series. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales. Review of applicants will begin on November 1, 2017, and the position will remain open until filled. Applications must be submitted through the UC San Diego’s Academic Personnel RECRUIT system. To apply, please provide a letter of interest, a CV, a statement summarizing research interests and teaching experience, a separate statement describing past experience in activities that promote diversity and inclusion and/or plans to make future contributions, and names and contact information of three referees. Please provide teaching evaluations if available. Please submit your application at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01557
- Assistant or Associate Professor in the Non-Tenure Research Line Quantitative Sciences Unit (QSU) in the Department of Medicine’s Center for Biomedical Informatics Research at Stanford University School of Medicine – The primary appointment for this position will be in the Department of Pediatrics as an Assistant or Associate Professor in the Non-Tenure Research Line with a secondary appointment in the Department of Medicine. Applicants should have a PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, or related field, and an outstanding record doing team science and collaborative biostatistics. Areas of emphasis may include, but are not limited to child health, nephrology, endocrinology, pediatric medicine, oncology, cardiovascular medicine, preventive medicine and public health. Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae, a brief letter outlining their interests and the names of three references to Dr. Manisha Desai, Search Committee Chair, c/o Vanessa Navarro: email@example.com . Deadline to apply is October 31, 2017. Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty. It welcomes nominations of and applications from women, members of minority groups, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, as well as from others who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s research, teaching and clinical missions. July 5, 2017
- Merck Research Laboratories Department of Quantitative Phamacology and Pharmacometrics looking to hire Masters and PhD recent graduates in Statistics/Biostatistics to apply for the positions, please visit: http://www.merck.com/careers
- Full Time Postdoctoral Position – A postdoctoral position in biostatistics/data science is available at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The successful candidate will be joining the Suarez-Farinas Lab, a collaborative group, involving the Center for Biostatistics and the Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences. Our primary focus is analysis of high-dimensional biomarker studies coupled with mechanistic clinical trials, as well as the development of precision medicine algorithms for food allergy, psoriasis and Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome. We seek capable and self-motivated individuals who have earned a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent in an interdisciplinary, data-driven field, with educational emphasis in statistics/bioinformatics/data science/machine learning /statistics. Additional qualifications include: a superior academic performance, proficiency in R, Python, experience with handling of BIG data and an ability to be self-directed with broadly-defined limits on assignments; excellent communication skills, both oral and written; and a demonstrated ability to interact efficiently with diverse people in a highly multidisciplinary environment. Job description: The applicant is expected to show excellence in independently conducting analyses of high dimensional data (such RNA sequence and proteomic data) including but not limited to applying methods for normalization and quality control (QC), statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms. This is a full-time, two-year postdoctoral position. Candidates may not have more than five years of postdoctoral experience including that from other institutions. Review of applications will begin. Interested individuals should send a CV and the names of three references to Dr. Suarez-Farinas (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a subject line “postdoc position”).
- The Departments of Statistics and of Computer Science at Rice University are seeking candidates for two postdoctoral research associate positions, as part of a recently awarded NSF Research Training Groups in Mathematical Sciences (RTG) grant. Highly motivated and qualified candidates with research experience in areas such as statistical inference, Bayesian statistics and machine learning are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will work with faculty members and graduate students in both Statistics and Computer Science to develop innovative methodologies for data science. The positions will also include working closely with faculty members to develop and teach a new course on data science that will be offered to graduate and advanced undergraduate students who participate in the Research Training Group. A Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields is required. This opportunity is restricted to US Citizens and Permanent Residents only. To apply, please refer to https://jobs.rice.edu/postings/8328 Please submit a cover letter, a curriculum vita, a research statement, two representative publications, and contact information for three references. For more information, please contact Marina Vannucci at email@example.com or Luay Nakhleh at firstname.lastname@example.org. The positions will remain open until filled. Rice University, located in Houston, Texas, is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian university. Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
- Senior Biostatistician: Requisition ID 7509160204 at Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company to be located in Raritan, NJ. Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more information, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com EXTERNALS TO APPLY: http://careers.jnj.com/
- Biostatistician: Long Term Contract (Contract to Hire) Raleigh, NC Check out our website at www.oxfordlifesciences.com. Master’s or PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Applied Math, or related. Exposure to SAS in academic programs or industry. Enthusiastic and willing to learn and grow with company. Our CRO client is seeking additional support in the Biostatistics arena. They are a growing company with an excellent work-life balance. This role would be ideal for a recent graduate with 0-3 years of industry experience and a Master’s Degree or PhD in Biostatistics or a related field. The day to day of the role entails working with the analysis (ADaM) datasets in SAS, and preparing complex tables, listings, and figures for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device clinical trial data. This can be a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines and timelines to maintain. The ideal fit would be a positive, enthusiastic, individual who is willing to learn and grow within the company environment.