Here we provide information about job listings of potential interest to graduates. Please contact Ashley Spink at email@example.com if you know of any information we should add to the list below.
- Biostatistician II – Jacksonville, FL – Current students may apply however, they must be available to start full time in early September. Duties to include: Perform all aspects of Clinical Trial Biostatistics including study design, SAP development, Statistical Analysis and reporting for medical device trials (the company runs about 100 trials per year). They perform crossover design studies, and adaptive design is central to their philosophy behind designing clinical trials. Experience with SAS is valuable, and specifically around some of the Statistical Modelling PROCs (GLIMMIX, etc…). They are interested in Bayesian Methodology, Machine Learning and Data Mining as well. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. August 3, 2017
- Assistant or Associate Professor in the Non-Tenure Research Line Quantitative Sciences Unit (QSU) in the Department of Medicine’s Center for Biomedical Informatics Research at Stanford University School of Medicine – The primary appointment for this position will be in the Department of Pediatrics as an Assistant or Associate Professor in the Non-Tenure Research Line with a secondary appointment in the Department of Medicine. Applicants should have a PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, or related field, and an outstanding record doing team science and collaborative biostatistics. Areas of emphasis may include, but are not limited to child health, nephrology, endocrinology, pediatric medicine, oncology, cardiovascular medicine, preventive medicine and public health. Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae, a brief letter outlining their interests and the names of three references to Dr. Manisha Desai, Search Committee Chair, c/o Vanessa Navarro: email@example.com . Deadline to apply is October 31, 2017. Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty. It welcomes nominations of and applications from women, members of minority groups, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, as well as from others who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s research, teaching and clinical missions. July 5, 2017
- Merck Research Laboratories Department of Quantitative Phamacology and Pharmacometrics looking to hire Masters and PhD recent graduates in Statistics/Biostatistics to apply for the positions, please visit: http://www.merck.com/careers
- Full Time Postdoctoral Position – A postdoctoral position in biostatistics/data science is available at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The successful candidate will be joining the Suarez-Farinas Lab, a collaborative group, involving the Center for Biostatistics and the Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences. Our primary focus is analysis of high-dimensional biomarker studies coupled with mechanistic clinical trials, as well as the development of precision medicine algorithms for food allergy, psoriasis and Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome. We seek capable and self-motivated individuals who have earned a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent in an interdisciplinary, data-driven field, with educational emphasis in statistics/bioinformatics/data science/machine learning /statistics. Additional qualifications include: a superior academic performance, proficiency in R, Python, experience with handling of BIG data and an ability to be self-directed with broadly-defined limits on assignments; excellent communication skills, both oral and written; and a demonstrated ability to interact efficiently with diverse people in a highly multidisciplinary environment. Job description: The applicant is expected to show excellence in independently conducting analyses of high dimensional data (such RNA sequence and proteomic data) including but not limited to applying methods for normalization and quality control (QC), statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms. This is a full-time, two-year postdoctoral position. Candidates may not have more than five years of postdoctoral experience including that from other institutions. Review of applications will begin. Interested individuals should send a CV and the names of three references to Dr. Suarez-Farinas (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a subject line “postdoc position”).
- The Departments of Statistics and of Computer Science at Rice University are seeking candidates for two postdoctoral research associate positions, as part of a recently awarded NSF Research Training Groups in Mathematical Sciences (RTG) grant. Highly motivated and qualified candidates with research experience in areas such as statistical inference, Bayesian statistics and machine learning are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will work with faculty members and graduate students in both Statistics and Computer Science to develop innovative methodologies for data science. The positions will also include working closely with faculty members to develop and teach a new course on data science that will be offered to graduate and advanced undergraduate students who participate in the Research Training Group. A Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields is required. This opportunity is restricted to US Citizens and Permanent Residents only. To apply, please refer to https://jobs.rice.edu/postings/8328 Please submit a cover letter, a curriculum vita, a research statement, two representative publications, and contact information for three references. For more information, please contact Marina Vannucci at email@example.com or Luay Nakhleh at firstname.lastname@example.org. The positions will remain open until filled. Rice University, located in Houston, Texas, is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian university. Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
- Senior Biostatistician: Requisition ID 7509160204 at Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company to be located in Raritan, NJ. Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more information, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com EXTERNALS TO APPLY: http://careers.jnj.com/
- Biostatistician: Long Term Contract (Contract to Hire) Raleigh, NC Check out our website at www.oxfordlifesciences.com. Master’s or PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics, Applied Math, or related. Exposure to SAS in academic programs or industry. Enthusiastic and willing to learn and grow with company. Our CRO client is seeking additional support in the Biostatistics arena. They are a growing company with an excellent work-life balance. This role would be ideal for a recent graduate with 0-3 years of industry experience and a Master’s Degree or PhD in Biostatistics or a related field. The day to day of the role entails working with the analysis (ADaM) datasets in SAS, and preparing complex tables, listings, and figures for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device clinical trial data. This can be a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines and timelines to maintain. The ideal fit would be a positive, enthusiastic, individual who is willing to learn and grow within the company environment.