- UF Graduate Catalog
- Graduate Students UF GSC Travel Grants
- About Biostatistics
- Job Listings
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Statistics Department, University of Central Florida – The Department of Statistics at the University of Central florida (UCF) has an opening anticipated to begin in August 2017 for a nine-month, non-tenure earning visiting assistant professor. The position is non-renewable. The teaching load will be 2 courses per semester based on the current workload policy. The successful candidate will contribute to teaching in both the undergraduate and graduate programs. UCF is a research active institution with a diverse student body of over 64,000 students. A PhD in Statistics or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution by the start of the appointment period is required. Preference will be given to those with expertise in data mining and big data analytics and a willingness to teach in these areas. Applicants must apply online at http://www.jobswithucf.com. Questions regarding this search can be sent to David Nickerson, Search Committee Chair, at David.Nickerson@ucf.edu. May 9, 2017
- Merck Research Laboratories Department of Quantitative Phamacology and Pharmacometrics looking to hire Masters and PhD recent graduates in Statistics/Biostatistics to apply for the positions, please visit: http://www.merck.com/careers
Full Time Postdoctoral Position – A postdoctoral position in biostatistics/data science is available at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The successful candidate will be joining the Suarez-Farinas Lab, a collaborative group, involving the Center for Biostatistics and the Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences. Our primary focus is analysis of high-dimensional biomarker studies coupled with mechanistic clinical trials, as well as the development of precision medicine algorithms for food allergy, psoriasis and Inflammatory Bowel Syndrome. We seek capable and self-motivated individuals who have earned a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent in an interdisciplinary, data-driven field, with educational emphasis in statistics/bioinformatics/data science/machine learning /statistics. Additional qualifications include: a superior academic performance, proficiency in R, Python, experience with handling of BIG data and an ability to be self-directed with broadly-defined limits on assignments; excellent communication skills, both oral and written; and a demonstrated ability to interact efficiently with diverse people in a highly multidisciplinary environment. Job description: The applicant is expected to show excellence in independently conducting analyses of high dimensional data (such RNA sequence and proteomic data) including but not limited to applying methods for normalization and quality control (QC), statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms. This is a full-time, two-year postdoctoral position. Candidates may not have more than five years of postdoctoral experience including that from other institutions. Review of applications will begin. Interested individuals should send a CV and the names of three references to Dr. Suarez-Farinas (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a subject line “postdoc position”).
- The Departments of Statistics and of Computer Science at Rice University are seeking candidates for two postdoctoral research associate positions, as part of a recently awarded NSF Research Training Groups in Mathematical Sciences (RTG) grant. Highly motivated and qualified candidates with research experience in areas such as statistical inference, Bayesian statistics and machine learning are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will work with faculty members and graduate students in both Statistics and Computer Science to develop innovative methodologies for data science. The positions will also include working closely with faculty members to develop and teach a new course on data science that will be offered to graduate and advanced undergraduate students who participate in the Research Training Group. A Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, or related fields is required. This opportunity is restricted to US Citizens and Permanent Residents only. To apply, please refer to https://jobs.rice.edu/postings/8328 Please submit a cover letter, a curriculum vita, a research statement, two representative publications, and contact information for three references. For more information, please contact Marina Vannucci at email@example.com or Luay Nakhleh at firstname.lastname@example.org. The positions will remain open until filled. Rice University, located in Houston, Texas, is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian university. Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
- Associate/Full Professor of Biostatistics – University of Florida see Job No 496451 on UF Careers Portal http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/496451/
- Senior Biostatistician: Requisition ID 7509160204 at Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company to be located in Raritan, NJ. Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more information, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com EXTERNALS TO APPLY: http://careers.jnj.com/
- Biostatistician: Long Term Contract (Contract to Hire) Raleigh, NC Check out our website at www.oxfordlifesciences.com. Master’s or PhD in Biostatistics,
Statistics, Applied Math, or related. Exposure to SAS in academic programs or industry. Enthusiastic and willing to learn and grow with company. Our CRO client is seeking additional support in the Biostatistics arena. They are a growing company with an excellent work-life balance. This role would be ideal for a recent graduate with 0-3 years of industry experience and a Master’s Degree or PhD in Biostatistics or a related field. The day to day of the role entails working with the analysis (ADaM) datasets in SAS, and preparing complex tables, listings, and figures for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device clinical trial data. This can be a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines and timelines to maintain. The ideal fit would be a positive, enthusiastic, individual who is willing to learn and grow within the company environment.
- Internship Opportunities
- Bristol-Myers Squibb email@example.com
- Liberty Mutual Insurance LMAdvanced Analytics@libertymutual.com
- Merck Research Laboratories www.merck.com/career
- National Cancer Institute firstname.lastname@example.org
- Novartis Oncology, Biometrics and Data Management BDMOncology.email@example.com
- U.S. Census Bureau USAJOBS.gov, announcement #WA1188416-JN
- U.S. Department of State, Office of Opinion Research firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Internships will be posted as received at www.amstat.org/education/internships.cfm