How to Apply: Online MS Program
Candidates for admission to the program must have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. In addition, all students are expected to meet the minimal admission requirements of the University of Florida’s Graduate School, which include
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college,
- Submission of GRE results,
- Junior-senior level grade point average of 3.0
- A completed application for Graduate School, including a letter of intent, official transcripts, completed application form, and three letters of recommendation.
International students whose primary language is not English will have to demonstrate a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer-based, or 80 on the web-based version of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
Applications will be accepted until further notice for Fall 2019 admission. Applications will be reviewed and considered for admission as soon as a complete application is submitted through the online portal (this includes transcripts, three letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, and GRE/TOEFL scores.)
Application Process and Checklist
You must apply to and be accepted by BOTH the Graduate School at the University of Florida and the M.S., M.S. Online, or Ph.D. Program in Biostatistics.
Application to Graduate School at University of Florida
See http://graduateschool.ufl.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/ for detailed information on applying to Graduate School.
The mailing address of the Graduate School is:
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Florida
P.O. Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
- Submit application form for admission to Graduate School, along with $30US. nonrefundable application fee. Or, you may complete the application form online at: Graduate School Online Application Portal, but you still must send the $30US application fee and the other required materials to the address listed above. (Current and former University of Florida students are no longer exempt from this application fee; the $30US application fee is required from all students applying to a graduate program.) Note: If you are already or have ever been a UF graduate student, the application process is different than outlined below. Please contact Kristen Cason (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information if this applies to you.
- Select “Distance Learning” as Location, Under College/School, specify Program of Study as College of Public Health and Health Professions, Then choose “Master of Science” in Biostatistics VERY IMPORTANT STEP!!!
(If this is done incorrectly, your application may not be routed to the proper place for admission consideration. If you have any questions about this, please contact Kristen Cason before finalizing and submitting your application.)
- Arrange to have official transcripts from each previous institution attended (other than University of Florida) sent to the address above.
- Arrange to have official GRE or GMAT test scores sent directly to University of Florida.
- Arrange to have official TOEFL scores sent to address above (International students only).
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 page explanation of your career goals and why you wish to earn the PhD degree at the University of Florida).
- Three letters of reference that attest to your accomplishments and academic potential. Can be send either via on-line application or directly to the department.
Miscellaneous Documents submit on-line or directly to the Department of Biostatistics
- Copies of transcripts from each previous institution attended (other than University of Florida).
- Current résumé.
Send questions to email@example.com.