Please follow our application instructions below
You must apply to and be accepted by BOTH the University of Florida Graduate School and the Department of Biostatistics. Applying through the Graduate School’s online application portal, however, is the only application that needs to be completed. We do not require a SOPHAS application or submission of other materials to the department outside the online application. The application deadline for doctoral program and on-campus master’s degree candidates is January 15 for acceptance of Fall applicants. We only admit new students in the Fall terms.
Find detailed information on applying on the Graduate School Graduate School website.
Graduate School mailing address:
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Florida
P.O. Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
- Complete the application form online at Graduate School Online Application Portal, and pay the $30 US application fee. Other required materials (transcripts/GRE scores) should be sent to the address listed above. Current and former University of Florida students are no longer exempt from this application fee; the $30US application fee is required for all students applying to a graduate program. Note: If you are already or have been a UF graduate student within the last two terms, the application process is different than outlined below. Please contact Kristen Cason at firstname.lastname@example.org for further directions before applying if either of these situations apply to you.
- Ph.D. applicants: Select “Main Campus-Gainesville” as Location. Under College/School, specify Program of Study as “College of Public Health and Health Professions.” Then choose “Doctor of Philosophy” in Biostatistics
On-campus master’s degree applicants: Select “Main Campus-Gainesville” as Location. Under College/School, specify Program of Study as “College of Public Health and Health Professions.” Then choose “Master of Science” in Biostatistics.
Online master’s degree applicants: Select “Distance Education” as Location. Under College/School, specify Program of Study as “College of Public Health and Health Professions.” Then choose “Master of Science” in Biostatistics. This is a very important step! If this is done incorrectly, your application may not be routed to the proper place for admission consideration. If you have any questions about this, please contact Kristen Cason before finalizing and submitting your application.
Note: No Program Specialization or Department Contact Name is required to submit the doctoral or master’s applications. Please leave these fields blank.
- Arrange to have official transcripts from each previous institution attended (other than University of Florida) sent to the address above. Please aim to have these transcripts delivered by the application deadline. If you are unable to make the deadline, please be sure to upload or provide unofficial copies of previous transcripts via the online application portal or by submitting them directly to the department, Attn: Kristen Cason.
- Arrange to have official GRE test scores sent directly to University of Florida. Please use code 5812.
- Arrange to have official TOEFL scores sent to address above (international students only). Please use code 5812.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose, 1-2 page explanation of your career goals and why you wish to earn a biostatistics degree at the University of Florida. You may exceed the 500 word maximum mentioned in the online application portal.
- Submit three letters of reference that attest to your accomplishments and academic potential. These can be sent either via online application or directly to the department, Attn: Kristen Cason.
Submit miscellaneous documents through the online application portal or directly to the Department of Biostatistics via Kristen Cason at email@example.com.